Have you tried everything possible but not getting relief from the back pain you are suffering from? Have you given yoga stretches a try? Try once – it might help you!
Yoga stretches are quite helpful in offering relief from back pain, even if you are suffer from chronic back pain.
The stretching exercises of yoga are considered one of the most beneficial exercises for everyday life. It is an exercise with the least requirements; you only need a mat for it. There are so many poses for every type of disorder that one can feel overwhelmed to find suitable poses for him. Nevertheless, back pain has become an everyday problem due to several factors like leading an unhealthy lifestyle, pollution, etc.
This painful problem affects everyone at some point in their life. And, the most prevalent causes are lack of exercise and sitting for long hours. Nonetheless, there are various yoga stretches for back pain which can help not only avoid spasms but also to prevent them from bothering you in the future also. These stretches are easy to do without any special requirements. The intriguing thing about these stretches is that they can be done at home.
Let’s take a look at a few most effective yoga stretches for back pain.
Downward Facing Dog Yoga for Lower Back Pain
- Stand steadily with your feet a foot apart.
- Raise your arms towards the ceiling.
- Come down to the ground and rest your hands on the ground nearly two feet away from your feet.
- Keep your knees straight while bending your hips. Your upper body and arms will be angularly parallel to your legs.
- Hold for a few seconds, and return to the standing position.
- Repeat for few times regularly.
Upward Facing Dog Yoga stretches for Back Pain
- Lie down to the ground on your stomach.
- Bring your hands under your shoulders.
- Rise with the help of hands and your toes. Your upper body will be supported by hands while the lower body will be supported by toes.
- Keep your body straight without bulging on your shoulders or hips. Your spine, hips, and legs should be aligned.
- Maintain the position for few seconds then return to resting position slowly.
- Repeat for few times daily.
Locust Pose Yoga Stretches for Back Pain
- Lie down to ground on your stomach.
- Slowly raise your legs as much as you can.
- Keep your entire body rested while doing it, and do not let legs go in different directions.
- Hold for a few seconds and return to resting position slowly.
- Repeating a few times regularly will strengthen lower back muscles.
Passive Back Bend Stretches for Middle Back Pain
- Lie down on the floor with your face towards the ceiling.
- Take one deep breath & stretch your chest. Stretch towards the ceiling. The hips, your abdomen & shoulders will be comfortably on the floor.
- Stay in this position for few seconds. You can get back to the starting position slowly.
- Repeat the exercise 5 times daily and you will find it beneficial.
- Stand tall with your feet a foot apart from each other.
- Bend to touch the left toe with the right hand. Stay for a few seconds and then return to the previous position.
- Now touch right toe with the left hand.
- Repeat this lower back stretches standing to exercise the entire muscles of your back.
Yoga Stretches for back pain is one of the most efficient ways of pain management. Even if you are doing yoga for upper back pain, yoga for lower back pain, or yoga for middle back pain; yoga poses for back pain will improve the strength and flexibility of your entire backside. However, they may feel awkward at first, but as soon as it enters your daily routine, you will start to see their miraculous effects. Besides, yoga is an easy way to live a healthy lifestyle. A minimal effort will result in a healthy, stress-free life. And, these results can be gained in the comfort of your home.