Are you suffering from mid back pain? How do you tackle such a condition? Stretching is beneficial as it helps in improving the blood circulation and increases the flexibility of the body. It helps in reducing pain and offers relief in the long-run.
Many people who suffer from mid back pain get relief with regular stretches. There are many types of stretches which help in providing relief.
Lattisimus Dorsi is one of the largest muscles in our body. It covers a significant part of our back. The muscle has several sensitive points that may trigger spasmodic pain effects. There are various reasons that may trigger pain in the back region. And, several people suffer mid-back spasms more commonly than we expect. The spasms in the mid-back region could be mild or debilitating. Nevertheless, pain in this region of the back is most commonly caused by an unhealthy lifestyle.
The severity of ill effects can be understood when the range of motion is affected due to spasms. Howsoever, we can get rid of this problem with minimal changes in our lifestyle. One of the most effective methods is doing stretching exercises that can be performed easily at home.
Here are 5 effective stretches for mid back pain which can be helpful for you.
Sphinx Pose Stretches for Mid Back Pain with Step
- First of all, lie on your shoulders with hands resting under your shoulders.
- Raise your upper body through your elbows. Keep your forearms and hips relaxed.
- Hold only for 5 seconds and then slowly come back to the ground.
- Five repetitions daily would suffice.
Half-Twist Seated Stretches for Mid Back Pain with Steps
- It can be done while sitting on a chair or sitting on the floor.
- If you choose to do it on a chair, then keep your legs positioned at 90 degrees from the seat.
- Sit tall, and twist to the left side with your left hand going along with shoulder and right hand resting on the knee of the left leg.
- Hold only for 5 seconds and repeat 5 times on each side.
Cat-Cow Pose Stretches for Mid Back Pain with Steps
- You should lie down on the ground with your knees and hands. It is essential to not keep your neck and back tensed.
- Gradually raise the back of your abdomen towards the ceiling while tucking your chin.
- Hold on to the position for 5 seconds, and then return to rested position.
- Now lift your head and chest towards the ceiling while stomach descending towards the ground. Hold for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times each of the facets.
Child Pose Stretches for Mid Back Pain with Steps
- Sit on your hips while buttocks resting on the lower legs and feet.
- Raise your hands towards the ceiling and, slowly descend your upper body towards the floor with arms stretched out in front.
- Simply rest on this position for only 5 seconds, and then come back to the neutral position.
- Only 5 repetitions daily will serve the purpose.
Back Flexion Pose Stretches for Mid Back Pain with Steps
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend your knees and pull them to your chest with the help of both your hands.
- Try touching your nose with knees without any stress.
- Stay for 5 minutes and return to the neutral position.