Stretches – yes, they have amazing abilities. They can provide relief from conditions of middle back pain. Have you ever tried stretching? If you have you will know that these are really effective and can provide immense relief.
Our back is one of the most important parts of our body that supports our body while we are standing as well as while we are sitting. Our middle back has one of the largest and strong muscles called Lattisimus Dorsi. This muscle of ours is usually negatively affected due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Those of us who sit for long hours suffer from back spasms due to the tenseness of muscles. But, this problem of ours can be easily diverted by performing stretches for middle back pain that will not only relieve the aching muscles but also make us feel more energetic.
Let us look into a few stretches for middle back pain that are beneficial for our back muscle.
Thread the Needle Pose Stretches for Middle Back Pain
- Start with kneeling while keeping your upper body and upper legs straight.
- Extend your hands towards the ceiling, and slowly bend down towards the ground with hands touching the ground.
- Extend your hands to the left side while twisting your upper body towards the left side.
- Hold the position for a few seconds, and then repeat the same towards your right side.
- Repeat this stretch for 5 times.
Cobra Pose Stretches
- Lie down on your stomach.
- Place your hands under your shoulders.
- Slowly curl your chest off the ground from the hip with the help of your hands.
- Keep back of your head and spine in alignment.
- Hold for 5 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Doing this stretch 5 times daily will strengthen Lattisimus Dorsi.
Passive Back Bend Stretches for Middle Back Pain
- Lie down on the floor with your face towards the ceiling.
- Take a deep breath and stretch your chest towards the ceiling, while your hips, abdomen, and shoulders rest on the floor.
- Maintain the pose for few seconds, and return to starting position slowly.
- Daily repetition for 5 times will be beneficial.
Triangle Pose Stretches
- Stand tall with your feet a foot apart from each other.
- Bend to touch the left toe with the right hand. Stay for a few seconds and then return to the previous position.
- Now touch right toe with the left hand.
- Repeat this lower back stretches standing to exercise the entire muscles of your back.
These are some of the best stretches for back pain. These stretches for middle back pain will not only relieve mid backaches but also will act as an effective exercise for upper back pain. We are prone to sit for long hours for decades now, but the negative effects of this habit have started to show pushing us towards healthier lifestyle choices. The Lattisimus Dorsi covers our upper back, lower back, and mid-back. The stretching exercises are beneficial to relieve the tension build-up in the muscle. Stretching exercises also help in maintaining the natural flexibility of muscles. So, adding a few stretching exercises in our lifestyle is efficient in relieving mid back pain.