Now that you have the pain, you have no other option that to look for shoulder blade pain relief? So, is there any way out?
Yes, there are different options available, but you need to first know what caused your pain. If you know the reason for your pain, you will be able to get relief quickly. In case you are wondering, what caused the pain between your shoulder blades, here are some possible reasons. Check which one could be your?
Can you relate to any of these?
- Heavy lifting – did you lift anything that was quite heavy in the past few days? It could have strained your back muscles.
- Posture – Do you spend several times in the same position? How often do you leave your desk for a brief stroll? How good and comfortable is your chair?
- Do you work at your computer for long hours? If yes, it can be a cause of your pain.
- Did you suffer from any injury in the past?
What can help shoulder blade pain?
Now, based on the above causes, a treatment plan is recommended for the patient. There are many home remedies as well, in case you wish to try them out before you get in touch with your Doctor.
What to take for shoulder blade pain? Are there medicines available?
Yes, there are a few over the counter medicines which can help in reducing inflammation and pain. Your doctor can prescribe certain medicines which will help in reducing the severity of the pain. Your moving will be comfortable and you will be able to carry on with your daily activities easily.
Get Moving – Exercise is a good solution
Yes, we all know this, but are often too lazy to exercise. But the truth remains that physical activities are extremely important to ensure we remain in good health. Exercises help in strengthening our back muscles. They can also help in easing out our pain. Try a few simple exercises like sit-ups which can help you to reduce your shoulder pain.
No, you do not need a fitness trainer, nor do you have to visit the gym. If you are beginner, start with a few counts and then you can move ahead and increase the count as per your fitness level and comfort. You shouldn’t be straining your already strained muscles.
Start Stretching – Have you tried Yoga before?
Yoga has several stretching postures which can be helpful in dealing with your pain. These yoga stretches help in improving the circulation in the joints and muscles. In the process, it will provide relief.
Here is one easy shoulder stretch to try out:
Begin by crossing one of your arms over the body. You can then use your other arm to slowly pull the elbow towards the outstretched arm and close to your chest. Hold on to this stretch for at least 10 seconds.
Think About Your Diet
Now, comes the diet part. Yes, diet does play a vital role in your overall health and well-being. There are a few foods which can cause inflammation in the body. If there is an inflammation, it can worsen the symptoms. You can stay away from different processed foods. You need to have a lot of vegetables and fruits daily for your daily count of nutrients. Besides, a balanced nutrition helps in building the overall immunity. Do not forget to include foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids in your diet such as salmon which are quite helpful.
Take Rest – You Don’t Have to Hurry Always
If there is pain, you need time to recover. Rest is one of the most suggested when anyone suffers from shoulder blade pain, especially if it is caused due to an injury.
How to Relieve Severe Shoulder Blade Pain – Therapies Are Recommended
- Hot and Cold Therapy – Try applying hot and cold compresses right between the shoulder blades. It will help in relieving the discomfort. You can use these for at least 15 minutes and after every four hours.
- Massage Therapy – A massage therapist can work on different areas between the shoulder blades. Massages help in relaxing the muscles. There are massaging devices available too, which you can use in case you do not wish to hire the services of a specialist.
Shoulder blade pain might not be quite severe, but it is easily treatable. So, do not suffer silently if you are having pain because relief is available.